So it's time to go for a little wander*...India, Singapore (I'm gonna count it even if it is only for 26 hours), Australia, Argentina and Brazil. Eight and a half weeks - should be fun.

And I may post up some stuff here about how it goes, for anyone who wants to waste two minutes having a read.

*Daunder for those who can cope with the scots

Friday, 23 April 2010

Up and down, and up, and down, and up and....

Ouro Preto is a lovely little colonial town in the Minas Gerais region of Brazil furnished with a ridiculous number of baroque churches curtesy of the gold rush. Ouro Preto is navigated via its beautiful network of steep cobbled narrow streets. Ouro Preto has practically no flat space whatsoever. Ouro Preto is killing us.

Apart from that it´s all great, so nice to have met up with Juliette - I´ve even forgiven her for putting us on a 7hr night bus (winding hilly roads the whole way, not conducive for sleep) as soon as I arrived in Rio. Today we took a break from churches to visit the science musuem in the university here. Lots of minerology as you´d expect and a few nice little hands-on exhibits, though they didn´t bother to actually explain any of the physics behind them...oh well! Off to a national park tomorrow, then back to Rio to find out what that crazy city is actually like.

No comments:

Post a Comment