So it's time to go for a little wander*...India, Singapore (I'm gonna count it even if it is only for 26 hours), Australia, Argentina and Brazil. Eight and a half weeks - should be fun.

And I may post up some stuff here about how it goes, for anyone who wants to waste two minutes having a read.

*Daunder for those who can cope with the scots

Wednesday, 14 April 2010

Flight by numbers

7500  - miles travelled between Sydney and Buenos Aires.

13.5    - hours I endured the halitosis of the man next to me on the plane.  So bad that even when he was just breathing and I was facing the other way it was still nauseating.

12.4    - weight of backpack in kilos, only 1kg more than when I left Heathrow.

5          - sections of "Beginners Spanish" that I listened to on my ipod before I fell asleep.

4          - episodes of 30 Rock I watched and giggled at.

2          - meals served.  More please.

1           - peppermint used to turn an eye mask into a scented mask to make situation tolerable (see 13.5)    

-1         - time difference in hours between Sydney and Buenos Aires.  I arrived before I left, and my night is now day.  Buenos dias.          

1 comment:

  1. A time-traveller's life, eh? That's exciting! (though probably more exhausting than exciting just now for you, but I've always wanted to cross the International Date Line!)

    Thank you also for the image of you on plane, with an eye mask over your nose and mouth, trying to look normal. Sure you managed it effortlessly. Ahem.

    xx

    ReplyDelete