I'm continuing my self-imposed oh-so-traumatic challenge of swimming in every feasible place I come across.
This did mean though that when everyone else in my Fraser Island tour group made do with paddling in beautifully clear and mostly shallow Eli Creek, I searched out the deepest part and got in properly. Felt just a tad daft as the area was only just big enough for me! But I found that it didn't hinder the swimming as the current was strong enough to create a treadmill effect, perfect :)
Lake Wabby was perhaps the most perfect spot for swimming so far: freshwater, good temperature and very still. Plus nothing but kinda cute 'n' ugly catfish lurking under our toes. Lake Birrabeen provided picture perfect clear water and more of the amazing pure white sand like Whitehaven. All in all, Fraser Island was really hard work*!
*Actually I did do at least 10km of walking on day two, partly because our 4WD truck got stuck. But once again the company was good, and I added dingos and white-bellied sea eagles to my list of Australian animals that I've taken bad photos of.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
This is sounding less like a daunder around the world and more like a swimathon...
ReplyDeleteNB this is one of the worst films I've ever seen:
ReplyDeletehttp://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Swimmer_%28film%29