[Warning, you may get bored of these quite quickly!].
A classic shot. Taken from Harbour bridge:
Another straightforward one this time taken from the YHA roof terrace, sun starting to set (note colour change):

Sails and sails:
Classic night time option:
Close up:
Another close up:
Interior shot. (Suz have you been? The purple carpet made me think of you instantly!):
Peaking out:
Confused by this one? (I promise all photos are of the outside or inside of the building):
I'm actually quite pleased with the symmetry of this one, as I had to time it perfectly as we sailed past on the ferry:
Hiding!:

Vote for your favourite now!
PS. Double click to see large versions
ReplyDeleteOooh, well, 'Classic night time option' is classically beautiful, and 'Another close up' appeals for its quirkiness and not being instantly recognisable. I also liked 'Hiding', but couldn't find it at all in 'Confused' (or were you taking a view of Bridge from inside the Opera House, THROUGH the glass? A-ha!).
ReplyDeleteBut for me it has to be...
'Symmetry'!
It reminds me of a shark, and it's a view of the opera house that I hadn't seen before.
Vote for Symmetry, vote for symmetry, vote for symmetry, people!
Alex x
ps Speaking of voting, you've timed your trip extremely well - you'll have less than a week of rubbish electioneering when you get back. I'm bored already and we're only a week in...
pps Sorry to mention your return to Blighty!
Your photos are lovely! I vote ALL.
ReplyDeleteI wish voting in the election could be this much fun....
ReplyDeleteI vote for symmetry...followed by night-time one
Make that two more for symmetry. M & D
ReplyDeleteLooks like Alex~s campaigning paid off! Thanks for all the comments (as always). I like hiding myself, but then it isn~t really a great shot of the Opera house itself.
ReplyDeleteOh yes, and Confused is a photo of the glass windows of the opera house from the outside (the ones at the bottom of Symmetry actually)...they reflect so amazingly that you can´t really tell it´s a reflection at all, which kinda defeats the point of the photo as it just looks like a slightly wibbly bridge, with a pole (a join between two sheets) in the way. Oh well.
ReplyDelete