I didn't know what I'd think about India, when planning my trip I didn't choose to do any solo travelling there as I quite fancied the easy life and was pretty sure I wouldn't really get that backpacking on my own. It's certainly an intense country but actually some of my favourite moments were the chaotic ones; wandering Khala Goda at lunchtime when the streets are rammed with men grabbing food from stalls and using the ubiquitous phone and copy kiosks, going to Dadar station for a 9am train - pushing and weaving through the crowds in the flower market outside, such amazing fragrances and beautiful garlands. So cool to ride on a commuter train where you can stand in the doorway (there is no door) and lean your head out to catch the breeze and the view*... and the curries were all soooo good. I can absolutely understand why people fall in love with the place, but for now...onwards :)
*Maybe I'd enjoy the Bristol to Swindon commute more if....wait a minute, what's the temperature in the UK right now??
No comments:
Post a Comment