Tuesday, 16 March 2010
The best laid schemes...
...gang aft agley. And sadly gale force winds and a cyclone in the vicinity scuppered my 3 day sailboat excursion on the reef. Only the hardiest big powerboats have been heading out for day trips, and making most of their passengers sick en route. Instead I've made my way up to Daintree rainforest early, and since the weather doesn't seem set to change (that cyclone might actually get closer over the next week) it looks like I'll have to come back to the region another time for the beach/snorkelling/reef elements. Oh what a shame to have to plan another holiday already ;)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
You sound like you're coping with the disappointment! Sorry to hear you're missing out on the boat trip - in quieter moments at school this week I've been daydreaming about it, thinking how nice it would be to be lying on a boat in the sunshine! But like you say, shucks, I guess that's another holiday then... Alex
ReplyDelete